Processing times at USCIS are currently 8 – 10 weeks. However, we have been getting good news lately. We have recently received approvals for the following:
- A three –year O-1 renewal for Japanese photographer
- An O-1 for a first-time application for a Turkish architect with little professional experience
- A three-year O-1 renewal for a Korean toy artist/conceptual designer
- A three-year O-1 renewal for a Japanese lighting designer who was formerly a dancer
- An L-1A for a Functional Manager who will not be supervising any US staff.
We are also especially delighted to announce that we have overcome three very difficult and unjust RFEs (Request for Evidence) and first-time three year O-1’s were approved for a multi-disciplinary artist from Japan and for Canadian drummer, Anne Gauthier. Ms. Gauthier is a very talented drummer from Montreal who performs a leading role with the band, TR/ST.
Also approved was an extremely arbitrary and harsh RFE for a three year O-1 renewal for traditional Mexican dancer, Rafael Reyes, who performs with the Calpulli Mexican Dance Company. For both these performing artists, the Immigration Service had claimed they could not be in a leading role because they were part of a group.