Outstanding Professors & Researchers
To qualify for a Green Card in this category, an applicant must have at least three years of teaching or research experience. If coming to the US as a university professor, the position must be tenure or tenure-track. If the employer is a private industry, evidence must be submitted that the company or organization has a history of significant achievements in research and employs at least three other full-time research workers.
Documentation should include at least two of the following:
- Evidence that applicant has received major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in her or her academic field.
- Evidence of membership in associations in the applicant’s academic field which require outstanding achievement for membership.
- Published material in professional publications written by others about applicant’s work.
- Evidence of participation as a judge of the work of others.
- Evidence of original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the academic field.
- Evidence of authorship of scholarly books, or articles in scholarly journals having an international circulation.