EB-1 Extraordinary Ability Green Card
No labor certification or job offer is required for an Extraordinary Ability Green Card. Applicants must qualify on the basis of their abilities in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics, and must intend to continue working in their field. “Extraordinary Ability” is defined as having reached the top of one’s field of endeavor.
Evidence must be presented of either:
(a) “sustained or international acclaim,” and that the applicant’s achievements have been recognized in his or her field of expertise (e.g. major international award); or
(b) that three of the following apply in the applicant’s case:
- Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized awards.
- Membership in association in the field for which classification is sought, which requires outstanding achievement of their members, as judged by recognized national or international experts.
- Published material about applicant in professional or major trade publications or other major media.
- Participation as a judge of the work of others.
- Evidence of original scientific, scholastic, artistic, athletic or business-related contributions of major significance.
- Authorship of scholarly articles in the field.
- Artistic exhibitions.
- Performance in a leading or cultural role for organizations or establishments that have a distinguished reputation.
- High salary or remuneration in relation to others in the field.
- Commercial success in the performing arts.
(c) comparable evidence.
The charts below shows Extraordinary Ability and National Interest Green Card approvals from January 2018 to March 2019.
|Country||Profession||Date Filed||Date Case Approved||RFE?||PP?|
|Germany||Data Scientist and Researcher||5/16/18||1/24/19||No||No|
|Country||Type of artist||Date Filed||Date Case Approved||RFE?||PP?|
|Ireland||Arts Consultant||December 14, 2017||December 27, 2017||No||Yes|
|Japan||Jewelry Designer||March 20, 2018||March 27, 2018||No||Yes|
|Australia||Graphic Designer||May 8, 2017||April 5, 2018||Yes||No|
|Japan||Lighting Designer||October 20, 2018||April 30, 2018||No||No|
|Japan||Production Manager||December 25, 2017||May 21, 2018||No||No|
|Japan||Musician||January 8, 2018||June 6, 2018||No||No|
|Japan||Digital Composer||March 20, 2018||August 29, 2018||No||No|